Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Facing fears

I did something absolutely crazy and out of my mind today. I don't know what made me do it, but my intention was to clear everything off my mind, my system. Sometimes you don't think about the consequences when you really want to do something. I've been living life by putting whatever I wanted to do before anything else.

I always thought changing your perspective could change things enormously. To a very large extent it did, but today I learnt it does not change EVERYTHING. You can't always consider things from your point of view in life, its important to consider how the other party might react. Have you given them space to react? Or have you considered its difficult for them to react?


Regret it? No I don't. Not at all, in fact. Its funny how facing your fears in an instant can be so easy when you've been fearing it all your life. Its also my first time doing something like that and.. it came just like that. I admit it feels good even if it might seem 'dumb' to others. I'm surprised by how I didn't care about any consequences.

We always fear consequences, but when they actually happen, they're not so bad afterall. Maybe. Maybe things wouldn't be the same anymore, but I'm living by the rules I've set for myself in life. I told myself to be honest no matter what.

The result of that? Well there wasn't an intended result to start with. When I went ahead with what I WANTED to do, I honestly wasn't expecting anything. Just to speak my mind. I'm satisfied. I didn't think I'd be satisfied with this, but I am :)

No comments: